Tuesday, March 14, 2017

If you want to make God laugh...

So much has happened since I blogged last! 

First- I switched grade levels from teaching 5th Grade to teaching 1st Grade. I absolutely love it and I feel as though I have found my place in this career! I LOVE my kiddos. I graduated college and felt like I would take a job ANYWHERE and use it as a stepping stone to get to the school I want. From there, I landed my job in Fremont, where I am at today. From the day I started until now, it has proved to be everything I needed. This school and staff has taught me so much about teaching, collaboration, friendship, and what it means to have a work family. God laughed when I called it my stepping stone I am sure. I have been there three years now and would be happy to stay as long as they will have me or until God shows me he has new plans for my life. 



Second- I bought a HOUSE! Say what?! I feel like there is no way I am real enough of an adult to own my own house and have a mortgage but alas...here I am. It's everything I hoped for in a first home. It fits our needs perfectly and my brother was our realtor- perfect! We have some great visions for our home and so far- new windows and curtains have been a wonderful first step in the right direction. Next up: pouring concrete out back for some patio furniture and a firepit to host our family and friends this summer. 




Third- I got married! I feel like I am blessed beyond words. Marrying your best friend is the greatest feeling. Knowing you have a partner for life and in my case one who makes me laugh and feel loved every single day. Our wedding day was amazing. The weather was perfect, we were surrounded by friends and family we love most, all of the details were just as I imagined, and nearly everything went without a hitch- but that's another blog! 



Last- WE'RE PREGNANT! Every time I take a moment to truly acknowledge this, I get flutters in my stomach and can't even handle the amount of happiness I feel! I am so looking forward to August when we get to introduce our sweet baby girl to the world. 



So here I am today, your every day old lady! Haha Just kidding! 

I find myself driving to or from work some days thinking to myself how I can't believe where this life has led me so far. Everything I have wished for in this life has far exceeded my expectations. I had an idea of where I wanted my life to be before getting pregnant, and it's been amazing how God has hand-crafted my life into exactly what it needed to be in order to be ready for this stage of life. I'm awestruck by His faithfulness and goodness. They say if you want to hear God laugh, tell him about your plans...

No comments:

Post a Comment